Tuesday 4 May 2010

Selecting and Editing Process















After going through all my imagery, I picked around 10-15 images from each shoot. I then narrowed this down further by choosing 1 out of 2 images.
I then took these images into photoshop individually and worked on them.
Then I printed these out and put them up on a wall. I arranged them into groups which I thought would work. I moved these around, and often changed images into different groups.
I was originally aiming for 4 or 6 images, however I found that this was not possible. I found 3 images were working best together. They are all strong individually, yet look really good together and all involved some written text to imply a message, however can be read differently by different members of the audience:



For me there were two obvious routes: 1- the fairground vibe, 2- the old dingy imagery, and I decided that for this project, the dingy, dismal side would work better as it communicated my feelings better about British society, and allowed it to be up for more readings and scrutiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment