Monday 10 May 2010

PSL Gallery Leeds



I went to the PSL gallery in Leeds as I have been told it had a good variety of ways to exhibit photography. Above are some images in frames. I have used frames previously, and I feel that it is the most obvious way of finishing off the quality of an image, however I am not entirely convinced that it is the best way of displaying the images I will be exhibiting.
Below are some images which have been put up using pins.
This was a really large image which was in two panels.
Close up of the pins. They looked like drawing pins painted white.
Some more posters pinned up. I really like the simplicity and the way it doesn't interfere with the images. I think having a white border is really important so it's still framed, but not in a literal sense with wood and glass.


Also in the gallery was this space, above, which gave visitors the opportunity to write down their memories of the world wars. This made me think about the postcards I have been sending off. I enjoyed reading the responses on this wall, so I wonder what it would be like to give this opportunity to people at our exhibition. I was thinking of buying a postcard stand, just like the ones at the seaside at the front of shops, and putting all the postcards I have recieved in it, along with blank ones, and some I will make from my own photography collection. This then invites people to write about a British Seaside holiday memory. I think it would act as a good reaction and reply to the images on the wall, and would be nice for others to read about other peoples lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment